Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Techno Is Good For You.


Do you ever hear a song with such an insane bassline that you instantly get goose bumps? That you just cringe in excitement of imagining the pulsating waves resonating in you from speakers taller than yourself? And then you lose yourself in your fantasy of sky-scraping speakers until you realize your friend is asking if you're alright?
Either way, you've got to appreciate them somehow. I've been listening to a lot of Len Faki, and I'm definitely falling in love with the (Berghain) Techno sound. When I first started listening to this stuff, all I could think of was a bunch of concrete walls. It just felt so cold and soulless - overwhelmingly mechanical and devoid of any emotion. But as I listened to more, I realized what was so deeply appealing about it. It's pure, but unnaturally so. It's raw and industrial, and self-aware and assertive of this. Its lack of sense and emotion give way to a hedonistic sense of timelessness. That, or I just really love Techno.
Check out some of these bombs right here. Oh, and please listen to these with headphones or real speakers, the tower ones.
Matt Nordstrom & Orlando Villegas - Spanglish (Len Faki Edit) (The reverb right before the main drop messes with your head so badly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment